The Links, Incorporated is a national organization of African-American women who have united for community service and leadership since 1946. The Dallas Chapter of the Links, Incorporated was founded in 1957. Since 1975, to encourage college attendance, the Dallas Chapter of The Links, Incorporated has awarded approximately $420,000 in scholarships to 466 graduating seniors, who are Black, Indigenous, Person of Color, who have demonstrated financial need and superior academic achievement. The Links Incorporated Scholarship is open to graduating seniors who meet the criteria listed below. There will be one (1) first place scholarship award in the amount of $5,000.00. Other scholarships of lesser amounts may be awarded. The first-place scholarship, as well as any additional scholarships (if awarded); will be sent directly to the college upon verification of enrollment. The Links, Incorporated semi-finalist scholarship interviews will be held on April 23 or 24, 2022. The Links, Incorporated Scholarship awards will be made during a reception and ceremony at a location to be determined.
Student Scholarship Recipients must:
- Be a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Person of Color) senior, graduating at the end of the 2021-2022 school year from a high school within Dallas County.
- Have applied or been accepted to a four-year college or university at the time of scholarship application.
- Have a cumulative 2.75/4.0 or 80 or higher-Grade Point Average (GPA) at the time of application.
- Be able to demonstrate a significant amount of community service.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need via the scholarship application.
- Be available for an interview with the Scholarship Committee if selected as a semi-finalist.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who provide evidence of admission to a four-year college or university during the 2022- 2023 academic year. Funds will be sent directly to the college/university once documentation is received.
- Submit a completed application by March 4, 2022.
- Submit an official grade transcript with the completed application.
- Submit two standard letters of recommendation.
The application is due by March 4, 2022.
Semi-finalists will be selected and notified via email for mandatory interviews, which will be conducted on April 23 or 24, 2022.
*NOTE: Student signature must be included to receive consideration.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY Monday, March 4, 2022 at 11:59pm CST.
Important Dates to Note:
Wednesday, April 6, 2022 – Semifinalist emails sent
Saturday, April 23 or 24, 2022 – Mandatory Interviews for semi-finalists 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Thursday, April 30, 2022 – Congratulatory letters emailed to scholarship recipients
May 15, 2022 – Scholarship Reception, finalists must attend.
Please contact Cynthia Arterbery at firstname.lastname@example.org if you any questions.